Wednesday, 22 June 2011

Once Upon a Sketch

Wow, two posts within a few days, I haven't done that in a while!   Well toady's post is for a layout from a sketch over at the Once Upon a Sketch blog.  Once Upon a Sketch is run by Nadia Cannizzo who I first came across when she entered a gorgeous layout in a challenge on the Bo Bunny blog and I have been following her blog ever since as her work is just stunning!  Nadia started up the Once Upon a Sketch blog recently and it is fantastic with some seriously talented designers.  I love sketches and challenges but don't often get time these days to take part in them but when I saw this sketch, the journaling criteria and all the beautiful takes the designers have done for it I just had to make some time to do it and I had such fun doing it too! :)

These are some of my favourite photos (although I say that about lots of them I know, I just love photos! ) and I have been wanting to scrap them for ages but it has never been the right time to scrap them until now.  I have loads of older photos like that waiting until I have the perfect paper or inspiration :)

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
 Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
 Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Supplies used:
Bazzill cardstock
Scenic Route Metropolis - Broadway Street, Carter Drive and Scrap strip 3
Kelly Panacci - 360 Degrees -3 ring circus, Hoopsy Daisy and Chipboard Medley
Seit Citrus Kick - Key lime, Clementine
American Crafts Chipboard Thickers - Powder Rocketeer
Scenic Route Alphabet Stickers - Berkely
Tattered Angels Glimmer mist - Apple, Patina clear
Adirondack colour wash - Stream
Ranger Liquid pearls - Ocean Blue, Cantaloupe
Nikki Sivils craft flag
Tim Holtz Distress Inks - Broken China, Peeled Pain, Walnut Stain
Ek Success edger punches - Bubbles,Double Embossed Dotted Lace

Well I hope those pictures are showing up properly for everyone because blogger has decided to try and drive me crazy by not adding any photos to my posts!  I have tried a few times today and have eventually given up and just hosted them at Image shack.  I know lots of people have been having all sorts of problems with blogger recently but this is the first time I have had any.

Thanks for stopping by!

16 comments:

Louise said...

love love this layout,fantastic misting, why does mine never turn out like that lol!!

Helen Tilbury said...

Wow I love this layout! it is so bright & fun!! Thanks for playing along with us at Once Upon a Sketch :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I don't know if this has to do with your blog or not....but about a year ago, mine kept saying "server rejected" when I went to put pics in my post....come to find out... blogger is "free" up to a certain point of the number of pics you have on your blog... so I had to go into "my account" through google and have to pay $20.00 a year for additional 'space' for pics :) Pain... but I guess all "free" things have their limit... just thought I would share that with you...I loveeeeeeeeeeeee the LO!! I loveeeeeeeeeeee the photos and MISTING!!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Heather Jacob said...

love this, so bright and funky .. love the misting and the circles .. gorgeous .. hugz x

Chantelle said...

Such a fun page - that background misting is so cool!!

Nadia Cannizzo said...

Hey! How are you going? Yep..I remember that 'meeting' LOL! I kinda stopped entering the challenges at Bo Bunny and I actually wanted to ask you something about that so maybe email me at samnadia@hotmail.com ?

This layout is SO bright and GORGEOUS! You did an amazing job with the misting and your take on the sketch is just awesome. LOVE how the colours match the photo. Gorgeous work all around. THANKS so much for your support and for playing along with us.

Lisa said...

Such a gorgeous lo Carin and Kieran looks so peaceful too! I just love everything about this lo!
It's truly gorgeous!!

L
xx

Bente Fagerberg said...

How cool is your lo!!!
The pics are so adorable and I really love your bright and bold design!
Thanks for playing along!!

Crystal said...

WOW sweetie what a wonderful page, awesome job with this layout perfect and LOVE all your details girly!

Natalie Elphinstone said...

oh wow! I love this. So bright and fun! And you're right.... the pictures are priceless :-) The fabulous misting is my favourite detail :-)

Kim Sonksen said...

Your misted background is the bees knees - awesome work

KraftyKaren said...

Absolutely gorgeous - love the misting and everything about it.

Blogger has sorted the probs I was having with loading my photos - so thankfully back to using the current version of editor and pictures in the right order and the right size now LOL!

sandi said...

Wow! What a great lo! I really like the look of the misted background!

LG said...

Love the misting here!!! What a fun layout!

{Ross} said...

Bella, colorata e stupenda pagina! Grazie per aver giocato con noi su Once Upon A Sketch!! Un abbraccio

Jessica said...

I love the masking you did behind the photos, the distressing of the photo edges, and the awesome layering on all the embellishments. The journaling is phenomenal, too. Thanks for sharing and thanks for your sweet comments at my blog :O)!
Jessica