Monday 10 May 2010

Challenge layout and crochet!

This is my layout I did for our monthly challenge on my Twilight Addicts social group on UKS, the challenge was as follows:            

Use the theme of 'Love'
Use Ribbon
Use Flowers
Include 2 or more of the following colours - Red, White, Brown, Pink, Green.  

I saw these filled hearts a while ago, I think it was in Creating Keepsakes and have been wanting to try one!

 





I used the very yummy Scenic Route Sumner papers and then just made this quick card with a few of the left over papers.  I have decided that for every layout I do I will do a card at the same time using whatever papers I am doing the layout with. :)



I started trying to learn how to crochet a little while ago and my first attempts were really funny as they kept changing sizes and shapes!  Anyway I wanted to eventually make a blanket so I picked 2 easy squares and have started making a few of them.  I only have a small pile at the moment but it is steadily growing and I plan to just make a small little blanket with these and then once that practice run is done I will go and buy the colours I would like and make a large blanket like I wanted to.  Very sad  I know but I am very proud of myself! ;)

3 comments:

scrappingmabel said...

Love the layout it is beautiful!
I am learning to crochet myself very slow but getting there.Not really a card maker but made a card check my blog out and let me know what you think Sandra X

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I love love love love love love love love that LO!!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee that photo and the buttons!!!!!! And I am loving your crocheting!!!! Great colors! :):):):):):):):):):):):):)

KraftyKaren said...

Gorgeous layout - love the colours and those papers and the little heart filled with buttons is a lovely touch.

I am also trying to make cards as soon as I finish a layout with the leftovers - otherwise they just get stuck in my scrap bag and forgotten about.

Look forward to seeing your blanket when it is finished.