Saturday 19 April 2014

See It, Pin It, Do It!

Ok it took a while but I am finally getting around to joining in my friend Fiona's fun new monthly SIPIDI! We all have bucket loads of pin, pinned to various Pintrest boards (go on admit it, you know you are one of us) that we plan to use in whatever way, 'one day' when we have the time.  But I think most people are just too busy and very rarely get around to browsing through their pins and choosing some to try, I know I am!  So I loved Fiona's idea of trying out at least one of our pins and then posting it and linking with her once a month. It will be fun to see how other peoples SIPIDI's turn out too as there are so many things that look good but don't turn out that wonderfully when actually attempted.

So anyway, this month I am sharing two recipes that I have tried.  I am a total foodaholic so I have quite a few boards full of various recipes so they are probably the things I will try the most often :)  The first one is for pulled pork which is one of my favourite things to eat :) :) :)  This was really delicious and has become a regular favourite in our house now.  I mostly stick to the recipe but I do add around half a can of coke to the slow cooker too. At the end I don't use two full cups of barbecue sauce as my hubby would find that way too sweet, so I mix barbecue sauce and some of the cooking juices in to taste and it is delicious and moist. The recipe can be found here


I am a huge fan of different salads, especially when they contain fruit and or nuts so I was very excited when I found this salad and couldn't wait to try it.  It was nice but I was a bit disappointed (maybe my expectations were just crazily high!) I think that might have been because I couldn't use exactly the same ingredients...  I didn't like the Romaine lettuce, I had to attempt to make my own poppy seed dressing and of course vinaigrette's will all differ in taste.  I will probably try it again but maybe use plain old iceberg lettuce and find some already made poppy seed dressing and possible add more feta cheese and bacon because you can never have too much of those and they compliment the sweetness of the fruit and dressings really well.  The recipe can be found here


Okay I am now really hungry after all of that so I am off to find some breakfast! You can find all the original information about joining in the SIPIDI on Fiona's blog here and her pintrest board with everyone's pins here.

On another note I have a new digi kit up at Digidesignresort called Quirky Bird, the rest of the images and details can be found on my other blog here.  I will be putting a freebie from this kit up soon too on the Yours & Mine Facebook page!
I hope everyone has a fantastic long weekend! :)

7 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

YUMMMMMMMMMMM!!! I will admit .. that I have actually been pretty good about doing my 'pins' ... lol!! I have made a huge chunk of projects based on them! Go me! HA!! :)

KraftyKaren said...

Yummmmmmmmm xxxx

good luck with your digi kit venture, I have now found you on Facebook x

My not so simple life said...

That burger looks yum! And that kit is beautiful! Wish I did digi lol

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

I don't eat pork myself, but I think my lot would enjoy that recipe. The salad is much more up my street. Thanks so much for joining in Carin, it's great to have you along. I've added you to the board now.

Ella Swan said...

Wow that digi kit is stunning! Congrats on this new venture!! And that burger & salad look yum!! Yes I try not to overdo the pinning for the very reason that I NEVER get the chance to go through my pins!!!!

Lisa said...

Been a while since I visited blogs of note, sorry xx

love the look of the digikit and Oh My! that pulled pork looks and sounds delicious... I might have to try that when the weather is a bit cooler( a lot later in the year tho )
Lisa
xx

Gain Credit Pvt said...

Are you tired of seeking loans and Mortgages,have you been turned down constantly By your banks and other financial institutions,We offer any form of loan to individuals and corporate bodies at low interest rate.If you are interested in taking a loan,feel free to contact us today,we promise to offer you the best services ever.Just give us a try,because a trial will convince you.What are your Financial needs?Do you need a business loan?Do you need a personal loan?Do you want to buy a car?Do you want to refinance?Do you need a mortgage loan?Do you need a huge capital to start off your business proposal or expansion? Have you lost hope and you think there is no way out, and your financial burdens still persists? Contact us (gaincreditloan1@gmail.com)

Your Name:...............
Your Country:...............
Your Occupation:...............
Loan Amount Needed:...............
Loan Duration...............
Monthly Income:...............
Your Telephone Number:.....................
Business Plan/Use Of Your Loan:...............
Contact Us At : gaincreditloan1@gmail.com