Wednesday 19 October 2011

Back from weekend away!

Well I am back from a fantastic scrappy weekend away with some really lovely ladies up in Scotland!  I just need to sort through the photos and photograph the layouts I did and then I will upload those. :)  In the meantime I have another layout for my sketch and scrap group to share.

This was the gorgeous sketch, not sure where it is from



And this is my layout which I used Bo Bunny Garden Girl for and is a photo of 3 of my grandparents relaxing in my parents backyard.  A very special photo for me as none of them are with us anymore so I am very happy to have it scrapped.  :)




I love the bubble effect on my wood word, something I came across by accident a couple of years ago when I was impatient to dry something!  I just paint the wooden word and then cover in a thick layer of glossy accents and use a heat gun to dry it and you end up with hundreds of little bubbles!

Lastly I just have one more published layout to share with you.  This was done for the Scrapbook Magazine using Bo Bunny's Ad Lib!



That's it for today, I have been having lots of fun catching up on blogs, forums and Pintrest, it is always amazing how much you miss in a few days of no computer so I am off to go and do some more catching up now! :)

5 comments:

Lou said...

your first layout is one to treasure...a great layout and i love the flower vine down the side.

I look forward to seeing what you created at the weekend Carin.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhh these are GORGEOUS! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeee the colors in both and loveeeeeeeeeee all the fussy cutting on the first one! Sounds like you had a great weekend! :):):):):):):):):):):)

KraftyKaren said...

Two stunning layouts - I just love your attention to detail.

Looking forward to seeing what you made at the retreat.

Karen x

Lisa said...

It was a lovely time away and all the more enjoyable for your company too! Can't wait to have another look at your layouts! btw the sketch was from Beggahuna;)

Lisa
x

alexa said...

Both are beautifully put together and i really like that doily edge ..