Sunday 27 June 2010

Altered Frame and wall art!

I have been having lots of fun playing around with some things for the home!  Firstly I have had a few frames sitting around for the last couple of weeks waiting to be altered and I finally did one this weekend.


I used K & Company papers, Maya road chipboard pieces and my Cuttlebug butterfly dies, and made the flowers using 6 petal flower punches, I also made my own text paper by printing some Twilight quotes onto canvas!  I picked the frame up on sale from Tesco's and it is actually a box type frame so is really fab to work with as you can have plenty of  height to your elements and still have the glass on to protect it all!



I have also been playing around in my bedroom with my Cuttlebug butterflies and embossing folders!  This was above my bed before...


We were a bit bored with the old bedding so we went out and bought a couple of new sets last weekend and then I started playing.  I originally saw this idea on Heather Ruwe's Scrapbook Bakery Blog and just loved it.  I have not been as brave as her and where her butterflies were cut out of wallpaper, mine are just paper and stuck on with blue tack!  So this is what behind my bed looks like now with my one of the new bedding's and the butterflies!


You can't  see it is the photo but this bedding is actually gorgeous and has lovely beading on it and it just feels very luxurious, hence we only got this one because it was marked down! ;)


What poor Paul has to put up with!  He is very good though and pretty much lets me do whatever I want to decorate the house!   I just love those framed photos above the bed, they are the most gorgeous frames that I got from The Range.  They were not the cheapest frames I could have bought but they are really deep and beautiful, I have the same ones in one of the hallways downstairs.  I actually have quite a few frames up with enlargements of some of my favourite photos of the kids.   I will put some photos of the others up some time, Hubby is not all that sure about some of my photo choices as I suppose some of them are a bit more arty than your standard photos that most people would use, but they all photos I love and have something special about them! 

Oh yes, this is the other bedding that we bought.  I think it is gorgeous and I just love it!  A similar colour to the other bedding but a lot darker and more vibrant so it will just depend what mood I am in as to what goes on!  My walls are actually a soft stone colour that I have in quite a few rooms of the house because it goes with everything and I think these colours go really well with it.


Hope everyone has had a good weekend!  Tfl! :)

8 comments:

Lisa said...

Gorgeous bedding Carin and love the flutterbies up on the wall too! and such a gorgeous frame too, you are so artistic! wish i was too!

xx

Samantha Hauzer said...

Love your altered frame, and LOVE the butterflies going up the wall. What a fabulous idea!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwwwww!! I am LOVING that frame ... and the butterflies above the bed are AMAZING...and loving the new bedding too!! WOW!! Just GORGEOUS! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Crystal said...

Oh my word your frame is amazing..I LOVE those flowers and those butterflies and pearls...GORGEOUS!!!!! LOVE the butterflies on the wall!!!!! AWESOME idea!

amanda mary said...

Oo Carin you are so artistic! what a beautiful room.. and so tidy! LOL..

KraftyKaren said...

Absolutely gorgeous Carin - I love all those butterflies flying up the wall.

LG said...

Love your room!!! The butterflies brings so much sophistication too. I will make me one of those

Alison said...

That's gorgeous! It's healthy to have a change every now and again, and that's a beautiful change. Enjoy your new room decor.