Thursday 24 June 2010

Dinosaur mini book



My youngest son has had a serious Dinosaur obsession from when he was tiny and he is still obsessive about them and can tell you all sorts of interesting facts, in fact he has even shouted out a whole story to the tour guide we saw at the Wookie hole caves much to everyone on the tours amusement!  I have been wanting to scrapbook his obsession for a while and bought some My Minds Eye Abbey road which was perfect for it.  I  decided to do a mini book as I had quite a few photos and he will enjoy always knowing exactly where it is so he can grab it anytime to look at!




I had to leave the one page blank because I decided I wanted to add some photos of all the dinosaur pictures he has drawn.  He loves to draw and is actually really good at it and he draws constantly so needless to say I have mountains of his drawings that I can't bear to get rid of, including some gorgeous detailed dinosaur ones right down to the bones buried in the ground under the dinosaurs and volcano's!

Just including my recipe for Banana Muffins for Amanda :).  Well it is my mothers recipe that she always made for us as kids, except that she used to make Banana bread and I just changed it to muffins and added apple for my kids.  Sorry I use the metric system so have no idea what the conversions are for the Imperial system!

Banana Muffins

1/4 cup butter
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
4-6 mashed bananas
1 apple peeled and grated (optional)
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon salt

  •  Cream butter and sugar and add vanilla.
  • Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
  • Sift dry ingredients and add.
  • Lastly add the mashed banana and apple and combine.  Spoon into greased muffin pan and bake at 180 degrees Celsius for + - 30 to 40 mins or until a skewer inserted into the centre of one comes out clean.
  • The instructions for the banana bread in a loaf tin say bake for an hour.
  • Makes 12 large muffins
Very yummy and I am so addicted to them as are the kids!  Talking of yummy food this is a picture of the most divine Warm Feta and spring onion cheese cake that I made for supper last night.


It is topped with a tomato, spring onion and balsamic vinegar salad and all I can say is WOW!  Totally scrumptious, I had it again for lunch today :):).  I got the recipe out of a Summerfields magazine and will definitely be making it again!  If anyone wants the recipe for that one just let me know!

Tfl!

6 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh I love love love love love that mini!!! The photos are ADORABLE and loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee all the little dino's in there!! And that spring onion cake looks YUM! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Samantha Hauzer said...

Love your dinosaur mini book! It's so cute!

Scrappin' Sam said...

Your mini book is lovely, really cute x

Crystal said...

WOW your book looks GREAT, what a fantastic project and love all the fun dinos and the great dino border punch..that was one i was thinking about..SOOOOO CUTE!! YUMMMMMMY your cake pic looks DELISH!!!

Alison said...

That's a fantastic mini book for Christopher, Carin - all the die cut shapes are so cute, aren't they? Great memories. I think all kids seem to go through a dino phase these days ....

That pie also looks divine - I love tomatoes and balsamic vinegar! Great to have something which is healthy, but tastes great too.

LG said...

what a fun mini album!